[e2e] Are we doing sliding window in the Internet?

Jitu Padhye padhye at microsoft.com
Sun Jan 6 13:37:38 PST 2008

This is a starting point:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5033.txt

-----Original Message-----
From: end2end-interest-bounces at postel.org [mailto:end2end-interest-bounces at postel.org] On Behalf Of Debo Dutta (dedutta)
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 1:42 AM
To: Lars Eggert; ext Injong Rhee
Cc: Randy Bush; David P. Reed; end2end-interest at postel.org; Joe Touch
Subject: Re: [e2e] Are we doing sliding window in the Internet?

Hi Lars

I had some simple questions regarding the process from papers --> IETF:
What are some of the metrics that could be used during discussions to
decide whether a protocol crosses the bar? Does someone need to validate
the protocol in very large networks with realistic background traffic
patterns? Are there some standard topologies and background traffic
patterns under which the protocol needs to perform well? If so, this
would be very useful as reference scenarios for everyone.

Regards
Debo