[e2e] was Re: A message to authors - nsdi

Ian McDonald ian.mcdonald at jandi.co.nz
Thu Jan 10 11:27:56 PST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 7:51 AM, David P. Reed <dpreed at reed.com> wrote:
> The simplest possible answer to program committee stuff is for the
> committee to say: you will recieve a response by date A to acknowledge
> your submission and date X to accept or reject.   If you don't get
> reply by mail within one day.

At the risk of untying the Gordian knot [1] why not use a conference
service such as Edas [2]. This works for many conferences I've
submitted to. E-mail as a medium is no longer a reliable medium. It is
worthwhile to debate how to make it reliable but it won't solve any
short term measures.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordian_Knot
[2] http://edas.info

Ian