[e2e] Why do we need TCP flow control (rwnd)?
detlef.bosau at web.de
Wed Jul 2 15:38:52 PDT 2008
And I coudln't agree more.
Only one problem remains.... And that's a very honest question:
If we agree upon some facts:
- Poisson processes and Markov prossesses are of little use in
- Analysis is not really helpful (and frankly spoken, I hardly believe
those analytical TCP models, which are around),
- Simulation can prove anything and nothing,
- Observation is not reproducible and not systematic,
so, if we agree upon the fact, that research on networking is basically
impossible, _how_ can we accomplish research on networking then?
It's of course allowed - and it's always scientifically correct to do so
- to put in question anything we have.
But if we only see blind alleys, how do we find a way out?
Detlef Bosau Mail: detlef.bosau at web.de
Galileistrasse 30 Web: http://www.detlef-bosau.de
70565 Stuttgart Skype: detlef.bosau
Mobile: +49 172 681 9937
More information about the end2end-interest