[e2e] end2end-interest Digest, s/Vol 53, Issue 10 / sacred cows, sacre bleu/

Jon Crowcroft Jon.Crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jul 11 07:40:59 PDT 2008

as discussed in the note which i referenced :

icmp advisories are sent to the receiver who knows how to turn them around - this
is no more silly than (say) ecn.

icmp errors can be sent, but icmp in routers would have to parse the TCP sna option
((it has to include the header in the icmp error any how so a bit of parsing in
what is always on the slow path anyhow, is not a big burden)
since most of these  ICMP response are meant as a response to a transport entity,
this is semantically reasoanble.

your move.

In missive <48776F2A.8030405 at isi.edu>, Joe Touch typed: