[e2e] Layering vs. modularization

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Thu May 15 18:30:01 PDT 2008

The following argument that you make by dragging in "fate sharing"
suggests that your mental model is not about layering at all.  You are
discussing dynamic behaviors, and layering has NOTHING to do with
dynamics of packet transport, and more than modularity in a programming
language has anything to do with the speed of a CPU's various ALU and
memory operations.