[e2e] CFP: PAM 2010 - Web site up

Marco Mellia mellia at tlc.polito.it
Sun Aug 9 06:18:07 PDT 2009

Dear all,

while all debates moved to the beaches, here is the 11th PAM cfp.
Hope you find it useful.

Ciao
Marco

			   Call for Papers
	 *Passive and Active Measurement Conference (PAM) 2010*
			     Zurich, SWITZERLAND
			       APRIL 7-9, 2010
		      http://www.pam2010.ethz.ch/

The 11th Passive and Active Measurement conference will be held April
7-9th, 2010 in Zürich, Switzerland. PAM focuses on research and
practical applications of network measurement and analysis techniques.
The conference's goal is to provide a forum for current work in its
early stages. Original papers are invited from the research and
operations communities on topics including, but not limited to:

    * Active Network Measurements
    * Passive Network Measurements
    * Performance Metrics
    * Traffic Statistics
    * Measurement Visualization
    * New Measurement Approaches & Techniques
    * Deployment of Measurement Infrastructure
    * New Measurement Initiatives
    * Applications of Network Measurements
    * Network Measurements and Security
    * Network Troubleshooting using Measurements

The PAM steering committee believes that releasing measurement data
allows for better science to be conducted in the field of network
measurement. Therefore, an award will be given at PAM 2010 for the best
paper based on a new dataset that the authors are releasing for
community use in subsequent research. To qualify, a paper must
significantly utilize a dataset that has been collected for the work
presented in the paper. Further, the dataset must be freely available to
any researcher; wireless data sets may, for instance, be published
through CRAWDAD. Authors should flag papers they wish to be considered
for this award with a footnote on the first page of the paper. Novel
datasets are especially encouraged. The awarded paper will be chosen
from the set of qualifying papers accepted for the conference by a
committee made up of a subset of the program and steering committees.

    Important Dates

    * *Abstract Registration: October 2, 2009 23:59pm GMT (UK Time)*
    * *Paper Submission: October 9, 2009 23:59pm GMT (UK Time) *
    * *Notification of Decision: December 13, 2009*
    * *Camera Ready: January 15, 2010*
    * *Conference: April 7-9, 2010*

    Paper Submission Instructions

We are soliciting papers, submitted in the Springer LNCS that do not
exceed *10 pages*. No additional space will be given once a paper has
been accepted.

The paper submission site will be online soon.

Authors are, as always, asked to refrain from submitting papers
submitted to PAM to other venues during the reviewing period.

Conference Organizers
General Chair:
  		Bernhard Plattner 	ETH Zurich

Program Chair:
  		Arvind Krishnamurthy 	University of Washington

Local Arrangements Chair:
		Xenofontas Dimitropoulos ETH Zurich

Publicity Chair:
		Marco Mellia 		Politecnico di Torino

Program Committee
Matthew Caesar		UIUC
Mark Crovella		Boston University
Constantine Dovrolis	Georgia Tech
Jaeyeong Jung		Intel Research Seattle
Sachin Katti		Stanford University
Thomas Karagiannis	Microsoft Research, Cambridge
Simon Leinen		Switch
Craig Labowitz		Arbor Networks
Sridhar Machiraju	Google
Bruce Maggs		CMU
Morley Mao		University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Alan Mislove		Northeastern University
Sue Moon		KAIST
Neil Spring		University of Maryland
Joel Sommers		Colgate University
Renata Teixeira		LIP6
Arun Venkataramani	University of Massachusetts
Jia Wang		AT&T Research
Yinglian Xie		Microsoft Research, Silicon Valley
Ming Zhang 		Microsoft Research, Redmond
Yin Zhang		University of Texas-Austin

Steering Committee
Nevil Brownlee		University of Auckland
Bernhard Plattner	ETH Zurich
Mark Claypool		Worcester Plytechnic Institute
Ian Graham		Endace
Arvind Krishnamurthy	University of Washington
Sue Moon		KAIST
Renata Teixeira		LIP6
Michael Rabinovich	Case Western Reserve University

--
Ciao,                    /\/\/\rco

| Marco Mellia - Assistant Professor|
| Skypeid: mgmellia                 |