[e2e] Packet reordering in Internet

Jasleen Kaur jasleen at cs.unc.edu
Wed Aug 12 07:37:33 PDT 2009

Manish and others,

We've done recent work analyzing out-of-sequence segments (due to
reordering as well as losses) in TCP transfers. The two papers below
describe our methodology and the results from running it on traces of
about 3 million TCP transfers. We'd welcome feedback.

S. Rewaskar, J. Kaur, and F.D. Smith, "A Performance Study of Loss
Detection/Recovery in Real-world TCP Implementations", in Proceedings of
the IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP'07),
Beijing, China, Oct 2007.
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~jasleen/papers/icnp07.pdf

S. Rewaskar, J. Kaur, and F.D. Smith, "A Passive State-Machine Approach
for Accurate Analysis of TCP Out-of-Sequence Segments", in ACM Computer
Communications Review (CCR), July 2006.
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~jasleen/papers/ccr06.pdf

Thanks,
Jasleen