[e2e] TCP improved closing strategies?

Ted Faber faber at ISI.EDU
Wed Aug 12 16:22:51 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 05:51:18PM -0400, William Allen Simpson wrote:
> I've been searching my personal copy of the e2e-interest archives back to
> '98 (the previous years are only on backup somewhere), and haven't found
> anything on improved closing strategies.  Ideas?

<Blows dust off>
http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubs/html/infocom99/

Basically, if you make sure your clients close the connection rather
than your servers, you're fine.  That paper includes a couple possible
ways to hack that, but the easiest is to have your clients close.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc