[e2e] TCP Loss Differentiation

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Wed Feb 11 07:20:07 PST 2009

I don't understand how what I wrote could be interpreted as "a
congestion-based loss process cannot be modeled or predicted".

I was speaking about *non-congestion-based* "connectivity loss related
loss process", and I *said* that it is not a single-parameter,
memoryless loss process.

I said nothing whatsoever about congestion-based loss processes, having
differentiated carefully the two types of loss (which differentiation
was what Detlef started this thread with).

Clearly I am not communicating, despite using English and common terms
from systems modeling mathematics.