[e2e] TCP Loss Differentiation

Injong Rhee rhee at ncsu.edu
Sun Feb 22 04:24:52 PST 2009

You missed my point. I am commenting on *when we should disregard a packet
loss for congestion control* in particular. My speculaiton is that it might
be ok to react to losses only when they are from congestion. I am suggesting
one way to differentiate congestion losses from the other losses (which we
don't have clear model for). Therefore, instead of trying to explicitly
model non-congestion losses, just model congestion losses which we
understand it a bit better and react to them.