[e2e] Protocols breaking the end-to-end argument

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Oct 23 09:58:35 PDT 2009

    > From: Dave CROCKER <dhc2 at dcrocker.net>

    > My sense of things is that the term is not actually defined all that
    > concretely or consistently

Sorry, I disagree. The original Saltzer/Clark/Reed paper does a pretty
good job, I think - as well as one can do with a broad architectural
concept, which is inherently not as susceptible to precise definition as,
say, an algorithm.

    > this has made it difficult to use the term constructively.

No, people being bozos and not using the term _as it wss originally
defined_ are what has made its use problematic.

	Noel