[e2e] What's wrong with this picture?

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Mon Sep 7 06:30:49 PDT 2009

You are overthinking this.   I can share with you the delays using a
personal hack "tcp ping" tool that sends a few bytes over a TCPNODELAY
socket.  They are consistent with this measure.

Measurements are never perfect, but that doesn't mean they can't tell us
a lot.  I used to diagnose the Multics operating system performance
problems by studying the panel register display.  Rarely needed to write
special profiling code