[e2e] What's wrong with this picture?

Loki Jorgenson ljorgenson at apparentnetworks.com
Tue Sep 8 09:29:08 PDT 2009

Satellite link?  Probably geostationary from the looks of it (around
600ms RTT) - possibly more than one bounce in certain cases.  The
buffers on satellite link modems can be quite large to boot.  Little to
no loss is not surprising given their retransmit capabilities.
Apparently part of a fail-over if it returned to terrestrial values in
the morning.

That accounts for anything up to about 2 seconds.  The really high 5-10
second RTTs still seem pretty extreme even for satellites....

Loki Jorgenson
Apparent Networks
t   604 433 2333 ext 105
m   604 250-4642