[e2e] How many transmission attempts should be done on wireless networks?

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Sat Sep 19 03:37:23 PDT 2009

David P. Reed wrote:
> Let me clarify that in making my comment about 802.11 systems that
> won't stop retransmitting until 255 tries have been made, I was citing
> Larry Roberts.

I just got a notice by Manu Lochin, who described an even worse scenario
in some 802.11b implementation.

However, it was a PM, so perhaps Manu will perhaps provide a comment to
the list as well?

Detlef

--
Detlef Bosau		Galileistraße 30	70565 Stuttgart
phone: +49 711 5208031	mobile: +49 172 6819937	skype: detlef.bosau