[e2e] SURVEY -- avoiding foreign-language posts -- Re: ########

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Tue Dec 21 11:43:27 PST 2010

Hi, all,

I've been working to limit posts to this list to avoid this kind of
spam. Given the variety of non-English charsets, it is infeasible to
block posts with specific languages.

Instead, I am planning to block posts EXCEPT those encoded in a few
specific formats:

	UTF-8
	ISO-8859-1
	us-ascii
	windows-1252

That change is currently pending. If you are a regular or even
occasional poster to this list, can you please check the charset used by
your mailer and contact me if it is NOT one of the above?

(ignore case)

Thanks,

Joe (list admin)