[e2e] NDDI & OpenFlow

Bob Braden braden at isi.edu
Thu Apr 28 09:33:35 PDT 2011

On 4/27/2011 1:08 PM, A.B. Jr. wrote:

> I think that if end systems become able to dynamically reconfigure the
> network to suit their needs, this can change many of the assumptions
> made by present days e2e protocols, rendering some parts of them
> unnecessary, and other parts insufficient.
>
> – abj

What a GREAT idea. I don't know why we never thought of it. As a
starter, I would like my end system to reconfigure the network to give
me all the available bandwidth and to drop none of my packets.  So, that
gets rid of the "fairness" assumption of present day E2E protocols and
avoids the messiness of statistical multiplexing.

Bob Braden