[e2e] Rationale for EWMA filters in RTTM

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Sun Aug 7 11:49:04 PDT 2011

On 8/6/2011 2:42 AM, Detlef Bosau wrote:
> On 08/06/2011 01:20 AM, Anoop Ghanwani wrote:
>> Have you looked at RFC 6298? Based on your last email
>> it looks like you were reading an obsoleted RFC.
>
> O.k., now we've learned that RFC 6298 obsoletes RFC 2988.

FWIW, that's noted in the header of RFC 6298. It's generally useful to
check either the rfc-index.txt file (or its XML equivalent) or if you
use the tools pages to access the files, obsoleted RFCs are indicated on
the old one as well:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2988

I wrote a script a while back that scans text for RFC numbers and looks
up uncited and updated dependencies based on rfc-index called
"rfc-what-i-mean" a while back, and it's available on my tools page:

http://www.isi.edu/touch/tools/

The Perl source code is here:
http://www.isi.edu/touch/tools/rfc-what-i-mean.pl

Joe