[e2e] Internet routing table

Lixia Zhang lixia at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Jun 28 20:37:48 PDT 2011

On Jun 28, 2011, at 6:15 PM, Greg Skinner wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 05:33:07PM -0700, Anoop Ghanwani wrote:
>> Does anyone have pointer to where I can get access to the Internet
>> routing table for IPv4 and IPv6?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anoop
>
> If it's BGP routes you're looking for, you probably want to check the
> looking glasses.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looking_Glass_servers
>
> --gregbo

or if one wants to get many different views of the routing table: RIPE and RouteViews are best sources:
http://www.ripe.net/ris/
http://www.routeviews.org/

in particular, RouteViews now have separate archive for IPv6 BGP archive (starting from 2003), thanks to the effort by Alexander Afanasyev:
http://archive.routeviews.org/route-views6/bgpdata

for people who know Cyclops: there is Cyclops for IPv6 now:
http://cyclops.6watch.net/

FYI,
Lixia