[e2e] TCP sequence number reset

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Thu Mar 31 04:09:03 PDT 2011

On 03/30/2011 04:56 PM, Kacheong Poon wrote:

> SCTP TSN/SSN reset.  Each stream in an SCTP association is just
> like a TCP connection.  As many folks have commented, resetting
> TCP sequence number does not sound right.  The same thinking applies
> well to the SCTP case.

As I stated ago, I'm not quite familiar with SCTP. However, you could
find out whether the TCP related comments relate to SCTP in the same way
by simply summarizing the abstraction provided by SCTP. Because I'm an
SCTP newbie, I'm eager to learn ;-) So, you could simply start by
summarizing the abstraction provided by SCTP - and we will see, what we
can achieve.

Detlef

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30