[e2e] Delivery times in mobile networs? Re: Are there any persons interested in TCP over mobile wireless networks in Germany?

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Wed Dec 12 07:38:39 PST 2012

Am 11.12.2012 14:20, schrieb Detlef Bosau:
> I have to apologize for this question, however, I would greatly
> appreciate to get in touch with academic persons who are interested in
> this area.

My central question at the moment is: Do we have stationary packet
delivery times on mobile wireless links?

I was pointed to some papers, where those delivery times are estimated
with EWMA filters.
May I be honest? I absolutely hate academic lying. When a delivery time
is not stationary, I cannot estimate it using an EWMA filter.
(For EWMA filter fans: If you simply use "15" as the result for your
EWMA filter, you have much less work and the result is as wrong as the
original ;-))

To my understanding, it simply is not reasonable to expect stationary
delivery times here. But I'm trying to get a sound answer for this
question for about a year now, and I don't find sound literature nor do
I find someone to answer my question.

Perhaps, this list is not the right place for my question, I would
appreciate hints. However, I would like to find an answer to my question.

Detlef

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                            mobile: +49 172 6819937