[e2e] [Iccrg] Re: Reasons not to deply TCP BIC/Cubic

Dave Hart davehart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:21:00 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 21:24, Detlef Bosau <detlef.bosau at web.de> wrote:
> The more I think about BIC and CUBIC, the more I ask for the appropriate
> problem for this nice solution.
> I'm not quite sure whether there exists a suitable problem for just more
> aggressive probing.

Hypothetical:  "I am sharing throughput with others via a network I
don't control.  I am greedy and want all the throughput I can get,
fairness and inefficiency be damned."

Perhaps I'm missing something, or less gracious than I should be, but
I've always assumed this is the motivation for Linux using more
aggressive TCP replacements.

Cheers,
Dave Hart