[e2e] Flow Control in IP, Deadlocks in Routing Protocols.

Daniel Havey dhavey at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 25 08:58:40 PDT 2012

Perhaps it does, depends on context.  If the overlay protocol performs it's own flow control then there could be deadlock.

So we have 2 messages each waiting for the other to complete.  If the overlay refuses to send the message down the stack until the other message is completed then we could get a deadlock.

Otherwise it makes no sense.  If either message is passed to IP then it will get sent, therefore, there is no deadlock.

...Daniel