[e2e] Discrete IP

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Sun Sep 16 06:19:28 PDT 2012

On 09/16/2012 08:36 AM, Pars Mutaf wrote:
> For those who forgot the original post, the problem that I see is:
>
> IETF is blocking technology.

Which one?

> 1. No one should touch the existing IPv4 Internet (except those who
> run it)

Many people touch the existing IPv4 Internet. E.g. me, when I turned on
my laptop and connected it to the Internet some hours ago.

Where is the problem?

> 2. IPv6 cannot be deployed

This is simply nonsense.

> 3. IPv6 means IP research is done. This is very harmful.

Why is research harmful?

> IETF's role is not making design decisions for others, it is
> ***enabling new technology***.

To my understanding, the IETF's role is to be a venue for people who
want to propose standards and discuss them.

Detlef

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                            mobile: +49 172 6819937