[e2e] About email domains

Jon Crowcroft jon.crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Sep 16 09:43:26 PDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Detlef Bosau <detlef.bosau at web.de> wrote:

> On 09/16/2012 11:49 AM, Pars Mutaf wrote:
>
>> Real problem is: Who thinks that he has the right to filter email to an
>> organization designing the Internet.
>>
>> as if Internet belonged to you ...
>>

> For all times, the "Internet" was proposed to be, and will not work
> otherwise, a well behaved community. Even some of the technical rules in
> networking are adopted from human civilization, e.g. in 802.11 you have a
> rule "listen before talk".
>
> So, it might be a viable way, to
> first: read and listen,
> second: ask questions and
> third: come with well considered proposals.
>
> And in general, some decency is always a good idea. (E.g. you should avoid
> reproaches like "The IETF is blocking technolgoy".)

looks like they are blocking spell checkers still:)

i've always wondered why middle boxes only do annoying things - imagine if
we had middle boxes that remobed bugs from programmes and fixed grammar and
spelling in our tweets, removed inappropriate irony, sarcasm and
sardonicism, and intervened in global misunderstandings - truly those would
herald the end of end-to-end - of course there aren't enough bits in the
version field in IP to accommodate the steps necessary for such an
intelligence design to evolve...