[e2e] Discrete IP - retake

Jon Crowcroft Jon.Crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 18 09:17:26 PDT 2012

this is what we used to talk about as the
"my problem is too hard even for you" poser syndrome

basically, whenever you offer a workable solution,
the poser (of the problem) changes the
problem (or the assumptions)

one of the nice things about IP (and the E2E argument(s))
is that it is really hard to change the problem it solves
in a way it still doesn't solve, whichever version you choose
(well, ok, maybe not IPv5:)

In missive <50589DCC.2030808 at dcrocker.net>, Dave Crocker typed:

 >>On 9/18/2012 3:35 AM, Jon Crowcroft wrote:
 >>> In missive <CACQuiebE-sXDZD-xxaeC2iWfM58iDwO+V2XV1tFcP5PgT+Vq2A at mail.gmail.com>, Par
 >>> s Mutaf typed:
 >>>
 >>>   >>> I encourage you to read the relevant prior work (many pointers were given)
 >>>   >>Only 1 pointer was given (by Jon Crowcroft), it is not relevant.
 >>>
 >>> it is exactly relevant.
 >>

 >>in the broader sense of whether this thread has been, or has any hope of
 >>being, constructive, it was not relevant...
 >>
 >>d/
 >>
 >>--
 >>  Dave Crocker
 >>  Brandenburg InternetWorking