[e2e] Free Internet & IPv6

Arjuna Sathiaseelan arjuna.sathiaseelan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:26:02 PDT 2012

> Message: 3
Dear Daniel,
  Thanks for your reply. Ofcourse you are right :)..Probably I should
have framed my question better.

Lets put the economics aside for a moment. I am more thinking like if
we can assign a class of IP addresses, where essential government
services  run, and lets say if the intermediate network devices are
configured (within the network operators) to recognise that these IP
addresses can be allowed to access without the client/user to pay,
then the network operators can always allow access to these services.
So are there any technological challenges here to realize this? I dont
think so.

Now lets bring the economics back - there could be always be new
business models for e.g. the govt paying for the bandwidth usage
incurred to access its services to the operators.

Btw - I am not even sure whether this is the right place to ask these
questions :) -- but since there's so much of IPv6 going around in this
mailing list - so thought..Apologies if I have..

Regards
Arjuna