[e2e] Discrete IP - retake

Pars Mutaf pars.mutaf at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 04:13:10 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM, Michael Welzl <michawe at ifi.uio.no> wrote:

> +1
>
> btw, about the balloon-vs-MANETs example in ad hoc networks that you
> pointed to: this may in fact not be so far off for some situations, it
> reminds me of mobile sinks in WSNs (yes, again, other people had similar
> ideas already). the right thing to do would be to build it and
> systematically evaluate it against various scenarios of MANETs, if you want
> to make the point that MANETs are useless. indeed, you might then find that
> MANETs could often be replaced with a balloon. neat idea, and a nice result
> worth publishing, once it's done.

No it is not worth publishing. Why publish? This is not even science.

Another solution:
I can for example drop 100s satellite phones, food, and water from an
airplane. Why MANET? I will propose this to a conference? This is not even
science.

MANET doesn't work for isolated victims not in reach of others = MANET
doesn't work.

--
http://www.content-based-science.org