[e2e] Why do we need congestion control?

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Tue Apr 2 14:20:19 PDT 2013

Am 02.04.2013 18:15, schrieb LOCHIN Emmanuel:

> Hi Detlef
>
> In these papers the authors consider "perfect code", meaning that all
> the redundancy is useful.
> Look at our implementation of Decongestion Control Protocol :
> http://www.lochin.net/tetrysjungle.pdf
> where full reliability is achieved without retransmission.
>
> Manu

I only qoute one sentence:

> the recovery delay is
> independent of the RTT

Hm. I think, we exchanged some pm on this issue, however: either I don't
understand this sentence or I don't believe it.

Perhaps, I misunderstand ist completely. However, your paper and others
insinuate that with erasure codes a recovery the time for a packet
transfer is somehow statistically bounded. Where is the fault in my way
of thinking?

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                            mobile: +49 172 6819937