[e2e] Why do we need congestion control?

Alex C. Snoeren snoeren at cs.ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 3 11:40:24 PDT 2013

I've remained deliberately quiet here, but will point out that the mere fact that one has to pay for a service does not mean there is actually a marginal cost.  Take, for example, 10G Ethernet---it is constantly sending bits to keep the link locked.  Only some of those bits are currently used to send actual packets, however.

- Alex