[e2e] Internet "architecture"

John Day jeanjour at comcast.net
Sun Apr 14 15:07:07 PDT 2013

I basically use the dictionary definition of "a style of
construction."  The important distinction being between an
architecture and buildings built to that architecture.  (I don't
remember what dictionary I found that in.  It was 30 years ago.)

I would say that 90% of the usage in the field refers buildings,
rather than *architectures.*

For example, the 7-layer OSI model is a building, not an architecture.

Take care,
John