[e2e] [aqm] What is a good burst? -- AQM evaluation guidelines

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Mon Dec 16 13:37:33 PST 2013

Am 16.12.2013 18:30, schrieb Fred Baker (fred):

> I don't know that a sending transport (which is to be distinguished from the queueing arrangement
in that same system) or a receiving system *has* a definition of a
"good" or "bad" burst. The one is sending data, which in the context of
y two examples might be a good or bad idea, and the other is receiving
it. From the receiver's perspective, the data either arrived or it
didn't; if it arrived, there is no real argument for not delivering it
to its application...

Particularly, CoDel is full of magic numbers.

That's the reason of my doubts.

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                           mobile: +49 172 6819937