[e2e] Congestion control as a hot topic in IETF

Roger Jørgensen rogerj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 12:14:35 PST 2013

hehe, I'm here to, lurking around trying to learn more of the deeper
and tricky details on why and how Internet work;)

With that question I was hoping for someone to teach the rest of us on
the topic, give us some more than just "Ouch. Because without it (as
we learned the hard way in the late 1980s) the Internet may collapse
and provide essentially no service."
That answer in itself might be news to lots of people on the subject,
but as said, I was hoping for some more :-)

among many other thing I follow bufferbloat, and CoDel is quite
interesting. I'm still running a very early version (fq_codel kernel)
in production because it gave me an interesting "rate-limiting" on
throughput when I tweaked some of the values.

--- Roger J ---

--

Roger Jorgensen           | ROJO9-RIPE
rogerj at gmail.com          | - IPv6 is The Key!