[e2e] Question the other way round:

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Wed Nov 20 14:52:21 PST 2013

Am 20.11.2013 20:13, schrieb Ted Faber:

> I'm not disagreeing with the definition; I'm disagreeing with the
> assumption that having a network implies congestion and thus the need
> for congestion control.

Me too. And I'm not comfortable with approaches like BIC and the need of
huge buffers for the ONLY purpose of providing sufficiently large
sending windows to make a TCP stream clock itself according to a long,
fat network like a Gbit/s link on a 1000 km fibre.

Providing buffer and using probing to assess a KNOWN throughput on a
line, please excuse me, but this is simply foolish.

That can be done in a better way.

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                           mobile: +49 172 6819937