[e2e] Fwd: favor - please post test to E2E list

Matt Mathis mattmathis at google.com
Fri Sep 13 15:48:50 PDT 2013

The problem is that you have to be subscribed to the end2end-interest list
*exactly as your mail agent/MTA sends your mail.   Be aware that
the  end2end list is configured to silently discard mail from addresses
which are not members of the list.    So for example if you are subscribed
as me at mydomain.com, but your mail agent send your messages from
me at myhost.mydoamin.com, you will see messages from the list, but your posts
will be silently discarded.

*For some definition of exactly.   I did not try:
Me at MyDomain.com vs me at mydomain.com
me+folder at mydomain.com vs me at mydomain.com

If you think you are having problems, look at the "receivedfrom" lines in
messages from others, and I bet your inbound subscription address doesn't
match your own outbound address.

I am pretty sure that groups.{yahoo, hotmail, google, ...}.com all get this
right.

Thanks,
--MM--
The best way to predict the future is to create it.  - Alan Kay

Privacy matters!  We know from recent events that people are using our
services to speak in defiance of unjust governments.   We treat privacy and
security as matters of life and death, because for some users, they are.

Forwarded conversation