[e2e] Lost Layer?

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Wed Feb 12 11:46:14 PST 2014

Am 11.02.2014 22:20, schrieb Richard Bennett:
> Mobile makes this a relevant issue today and in the future. There's a
> lot of functional richness below IP, without which IP datagrams would
> never get delivered. Personally, I've always regarded IP as a stub or
> a placeholder for a real protocol, but I don't think APIs and
> protocols are interchangeable.
>
> RB
However, it is exactly this functional richness, which renders the
traditional end to end view, that a TCP flow is controlled from the end
points and only from the endpoints, highly questionable.

IP and TCP/IP are expected to cope with mobile links. That's the reason
why I bother the community with my (sometimes nasty) view on the matter.

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                           mobile: +49 172 6819937
                                           skype:     detlef.bosau