[e2e] Just a very quick remark on system theory Re: Why don't we talk about segments/objects instaead of layers? Re: Lost Layer?

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Wed Feb 19 06:55:23 PST 2014

Am 19.02.2014 12:22, schrieb Saverio Mascolo:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Detlef Bosau <detlef.bosau at web.de
> <mailto:detlef.bosau at web.de>> wrote:
>
>     And this is particularly true for engineers as they often don't
>     see the
>     "real" system equations but only the Laplace transform.
>

> laplace transform are equivalent to linear differential equation

Yes. And pigs can fly.

You never read a text book on analysis and the requirements for the
backward transformation to be unique? At least, things are extremele
tricky here.

Nevertheless: Differential equations are not suitable for the Internet,
neither is the Laplace Transform.

It is funny how the reactions are when I only point to what everyone
knows for decades: We worship a religion here.