[e2e] Lost Layer?

Jon Crowcroft Jon.Crowcroft at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 13 15:55:27 PST 2014

well, afaik, they solve mobility sand tackle multihoming quite well

the key architect was a prime mover in at least one major ipv6 and one
major ipsec implementation, so its worth reading further than the 1st
level, coz they have track record (anyone who has read ien1, cares:)
In missive <1389635859.8286.58.camel at tachyon.blake>, Steven Blake typed:

 >>On Sat, 2014-01-11 at 11:40 +0000, Jon Crowcroft wrote:
 >>
 >>> certainly the authors should have read IEN1 which would have led to a
 >>> much better identifier space (as revived in the ILNP work by ran
 >>> atkinson, 40 years later
 >>> http://ilnp.cs.st-andrews.ac.uk/
 >>>
 >>>  cheers
 >>>
 >>>    jon
 >>
 >>Agreed.
 >>
 >>If I understand the slides correctly, they argue that what is missing
 >>are network-scope (e.g., AS-scope) addresses, to be used by
 >>hosts/routers within a domain, restricting the use (e.g.,
 >>routing/forwarding) of Internet-scope addresses to hosts and Internet
 >>gateways (e.g., inter-exchange routers).  Whatever the other merits of
 >>that approach, it won't solve the multihoming scalability problem.
 >>

 >>Regards,
 >>
 >>// Steve

 cheers

   jon