[e2e] A not-end-to-end question

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Sat Mar 29 01:55:45 PDT 2014

Bob,

please forgive me a very personal reaction, however, I really can't help it.

Deterministic networking is no way "new". That doesn't mean it would be
wrong, on the contrary: It is perfectly adequate for quite a number
of scenarios.

What leaves me completely lost is, that I put in question the end to end
principle for scientific reasons - and get personal offences for doing
so, while some commercial guys (I had a very first glance at your text
and ended up in "Deterministic Ethernet" and "Mercedes Benz",
now, I'm living in Stuttgart, the world's capital of Spätzle and
motorcars) are perfectly welcome to do so.

I have no problem with this discussion. However, I wonder whether
dollars pay more in this context than scientific craft.

I would be perfectly comfortable when we split up computer science in
"computer science" and "Mercedes Benz commercial computer services", so
it becomes clear which arguments pay and which don't.

Although this place is admittedly not adequate for doing so and I have
to apologize, but I'm personally hurt by this discussion.

Detlef

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                           mobile: +49 172 6819937