[e2e] RED vs DropTail using NS2

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Sun Mar 8 07:27:18 PDT 2015

Am 24.02.2015 um 17:19 schrieb Scheffenegger, Richard:
> Hi Anjali,
>

> Is this work you are doing out of personal interest, or do you want to write a paper/thesis of some kind around this?
>

> If the latter, why not use one of the modern alternatives to RED, like PIE, Codel or FQ_Codel?

Richard,

it is always interesting to list a number of approaches and to throw
around some buzz words.

In my opinion, science is not about listing buzz words but science is,
and I may quote Dave Reed here, about asking questions and finding
answers to them.

In that respect, even the "comparison" "RED vs. DropTail" is comparing
peaches and oranges.  Why don't you, ore Anjali respectively, properly
phrase the problem, you want to investigate? In the next step, one could
list approaches which deal with the mentioned problem and, assumed there
are any, assess them and perhaps come to the conclusion, that a new
approach is needed.

However, science is about finding answers to questions. This short
discussion is a bit finding questions to available answers.......

Detlef

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                           mobile: +49 172 6819937