[e2e] j'accuse NFV

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Fri May 1 06:02:33 PDT 2015

In much shorter terms, from my personal experience, some people simply
ignore the laws of physics.
And this can be best observed in one single term:

                                                      BANDWIDTH

I don't remember the RFC, where "Bandwidth" was mentioned first, but it
was taken synonymously for "throughput" or "net bit rate", even that was
not properly discerned. (Please remember: Bandwidth has a well defined
meaning in CE. This is neither "throughput" nor "net bit rate". )

That will hold in quite some scenarios, but latest when we talk about
wireless networks, CS anc CE guys will talk completely at cross purposes
and simply will not understand each other.

Detlef Bosau
Galileistraße 30
                                           mobile: +49 172 6819937
                                           skype:     detlef.bosau