[e2e] j'accuse NFV

Matt Mathis mattmathis at google.com
Fri May 1 10:42:23 PDT 2015

I tried to fight the "bandwidth" vs "data rate" battle years ago but came
to realise that the memory, cache, bus, and CPU community (both HW and SW)
were also misusing bandwidth, and had no conflicts with the "proper" use,
and thus no motive to make the change.   We are in the rather unique
position of needing both concepts, so I always use "data rate" in my
writing, but I have to admit that I often slip when speaking.

Note that all jargon is always context sensitive.   Ask a Orthopedist,
Banker, Chemical Engineer and Computer Scientist what "process" means.....