[e2e] j'accuse NFV

Detlef Bosau detlef.bosau at web.de
Wed May 6 04:53:08 PDT 2015

Am 29.04.2015 um 14:46 schrieb Djamel Sadok:
> added value is gained by combining / orchestrating both planes. NFV may
> open the way to open network hardware and OS and perhaps cheaper one.
> Software development is faster/cheaper than a new hardware project. Take

Is it really cheaper?

In a PM to Jon, I said the whole story reminds me a bit of vmware.

When we need 100 WWW servers, we can setup a single machine with vmware,
which then emulates 100 virtual ones -
and install an own OS and WWW server on each one.

Or we can use Apache and configure it for 100 tenants.

What is cheaper?

What is easier?

"Virtualisation" is sometimes nothing else than a denial of cleaning up.
And keeping redundant and unnecessary stuff forever and ever.

Detlef

(Who remembers the KISS principle. Keep It Small and Simple.)