[e2e] [tcpm] Question on RFC6298, Managing the RTO Timer and additional lost pakets in Recovery state

Ingemar Johansson S ingemar.s.johansson at ericsson.com
Sat Mar 5 07:18:31 PST 2016

Hi

Thanks for the response, and thank Michael as well, guess I need to read RFC5681 and RFC6675 again.

The line of reasoning seen from an application perspective actually helps to put the puzzle together for me.
Also I understand now that case 2 below necessitates an RTO, atleast with TCP. I guess QUIC may be different in this respect as it retransmitted segments have a new transport sequence number ?.

/Ingemar