[e2e] Protocols for tightly synchronised multicast?

Jonathan M. Smith jms at central.cis.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 14 18:35:01 PDT 2001

This is actually a very interesting problem in another context. I talked to
a company in the early 90s
that was in the fixed income securities data distribution business. There
were issues of market
fairness if the data didn't get to all the players at the same time, since
a relative delay offered
a trading disadvantage to those getting data "late". I have no idea whether
or how they solved the
problem, but there were certainly large enough financial incentives......

                                                                                         -JMS