FW: [e2e] Can feedback be generated more fast in ECN?

Kaleelazhicathu R R Kumar kaleelaz at comp.nus.edu.sg
Fri Feb 16 06:20:43 PST 2001

The RFC 2481 talks about sending a pure ack with ECT bit set to 0. Can we
not set the ECT bit for a pure ack as well?? This could help in avoiding
ack loss in the reverse direction to a greater extent. The receiver of
the pure ack can be modified  to behave appropriately  when a CE bit is
found or don't react at all.

Renjish