[e2e] What is the meaning of "end-to end"?

demir demir at usc.edu
Tue May 22 08:24:53 PDT 2001

What is "N"? If it is "the number of ends", I find this
"ambigious" because N can be very large, but the system might do
unicasting. To me, "casting" is "directing".
N =0, Nocasting
N =1, Unicasting
N>=2, Multicasting
N=Maximal (a special edge-case of Multicasting), where Maximal>=2
If "multi" is not used in "literally", they all can be seen as special
case of multicasting.