[e2e] RFI: Microsoft accused of TCP standards violation

Jianping Pan jpan at fla.fujitsu.com
Mon Jan 6 17:59:34 PST 2003

On Monday 06 January 2003 04:25 pm, Jianping Pan wrote:

> Initially we thought it might be a bug in Netscape. Now
> seems that it was *designed* to compete Microsoft's IE
> with Microsoft's IIS.

Wait a second. Did a Google and did not find any tcpdump
files that show IE does get benefit by doing so with IIS.
I do not have IE and IIS now to do an experiment myself.

More likely a bug in both browsers. But why they share
the same problem? They suppose to have totally different
code base.

Best regards,

Jianping