[e2e] TCP retransmissions at end of data stream

Agthorr agthorr at barsoom.org
Sun Jun 15 13:35:34 PDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 02:09:52PM -0400, Eric Travis wrote:
> I believe that the common (but not the most agressive)
> solution to this - and a simple tweak for your
> implementation - is to recognize the *special case*
> where you experience a timeout while the FIN is in flight.

Actually, in my case, the sender doesn't necessarily send a FIN; it
keeps the connection open and waits for a new request from the client
(picture HTTP with persistent connections but no pipelining).  So, the
sender has no new application data at the moment, but there may be
more new data later.

-- Dan Stutzbach