[e2e] TCP slow start and maximum segment size

David Borman dab at BSDI.COM
Wed Jun 25 09:11:14 PDT 2003

Actually, you subtract the fixed IP and TCP header sizes from the
MTU to get the TCP MSS value.  If there are any IP or TCP options,
then the sender will reduce his effective MSS value by the length
of the IP and TCP options.

			-David Borman