[Fwd: [e2e] Network optimization for bandwidth provisioning]

=?gb2312?q?Jing=20Shen?= jshen_cad at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Mar 19 18:11:17 PST 2003

Thank you very much , and sorry for my poor question.
Fraleigh's paper , " Provisioning IP Backbone Networks to Support Latency Sensitive Traffic",  stated that its analyis  is based on assumption that network topology and routing path remains in its original shape after link bandwidth is overprovisioned.
My first question is:  Could we accept that assumption?  To my understanding , if link capacity is overprovisioned by 15%,  routing paths computed by SPF may deviate from that of original network.
In order to verify its conclusion, my second question focuses on the bandwidth provisioning state of current backbone network and its edge-to-edge delay statics.
Thanks again.
Best regards
  Tao Ye <tye at sprintlabs.com> wrote:I don't understand the first question, but for the second question, you
can always look at Sprint's ipmon page for Sprint's backbone link
utilization.

For example, BW, utilization and other statistics of a number of backbone
links are available:

http://ipmon.sprintlabs.com/packstat

Delay statistics are available for several dates as well, such as
2002/11/21.

http://ipmon.sprintlabs.com/delaystat

--
ciao,